Sunday, July 3, 2011

More than we could chew...


We were supposed to go camping this weekend with our friends, the Tatoms, but their little baby got sick the day before:( So James and I decided why not just go with our little family...So Thursday night we packed up the Explorer and Friday we headed South to Sand Hollow Resort just outside of St. George for a family camping trip!

We arrived around 5 pm and by about 10:30pm we already realized we "bit off a little more than we could chew!" Camping with a 5 week old baby and a 2 1/2 year old is not as relaxing as we would have liked it to be. Who'd a thought?


In the first few hours of arrival Koby...
-stabbed me between the toes with a roasting stick
-dropped a flashlight on James' toes
-Followed James into the bathroom and kept flushing a clogged toilet over and over, causing the water to rise while James was trying to use it (haha...Too much Info I know)
-turned the shower on while we were brushing our teeth...the only way to turn it off was for both James and I to get our PJ's soaking wet in the process
-Picked up an old deodorant cap on the bathroom floor and began licking it

Wow. I keep trying to relay just how active this kid is to people. I think this trip shows a little of his craziness. If James and I survive raising Koby it will be a miracle!

I must also mention, in the first hour, James got our car stuck in the sand and caused a scare when he lost our keys for 5 minutes! A nice man in a jeep pulled us out:)

We are firm believers on kids sleeping in their own room and NEVER in your bed with you. Camping with kids sleeping next to you is not my idea of fun. James and I were both awake from 2:30 - 4 am with a kid each, trying to get them back to sleep. We made reservations to stay until Sunday, but by 4am Saturday morning we realized we just couldn't do another night. Haha. Jokes on the young parents.

Between the drunken neighbors and our crazy kid(s), James and I didn't get much sleep Friday night. And of course Sunday morning comes and I am sick! And poor little Lincoln lost his voice.

The lake, however, was gorgeous and 76 degrees!!James and Koby had a blast playing in it while Link and I tried to enjoy the warm shade. Although the trip was crazy we did have a ton of fun! We just won't be taking the kiddos camping again until they are both a little older. The drives down there and back were great. It was kinda like a date....James and I were able to just talk to each other while Lincoln and  Koby slept and watched movies!






And this is how Lincoln felt about the heat rash he got:(
This is how Lincoln and I spent most of Sunday

No comments: