Saturday, June 1, 2013

Junior Achievement


So it has been awhile since I contributed to our family blog.  I think for about the past year it has been all Megan.  I am grateful she has kept it up!

Anyway, the past few months I have been fortunate enough to participate in the Junior Achievement program as a mentor/instructor.  The last Wednesday was my last day.  Needless to say, I was really sad.  I have been going to a sixth grade class at an elementary school in downtown Salt Lake City every week to teach the kids about the global marketplace, and talk to them about life, careers, etc.  It has been such a fantastic experience.  I wish I would have discovered this organization a long time ago.  I don't know if there are many things more rewarding than teaching kids.  I don't know how much of an impact I had on those kids I met with every week, but I know they had a significant impact on me.  I really encourage anyone out there that is interested to get involved, it's really an amazing opportunity.

3 comments:

Heidi M. said...

James that is awesome! How did you get involved? I have never heard of that organization.

James said...

I actually heard about it through work.

rjd said...

Way to go buddy!