Friday, June 21, 2013

As of late...

Summer really is the best time of the year. We have been so busy doing fun things with friends and family that I forget to blog. However, it is Friday night, 9 pm, and my hard-working husband is still at the office, so I'll use my time wisely :)

We have been hiking up a storm lately. Our boys do awesome, but then again I would probably do awesome too if I was able to get a shoulder ride up a beautiful mountain. Both boys are getting heavy! But that just makes it a more intense workout, which we love. Check out my sweaty back after taking Linc's backpack off...yuck!






Emily came with us the other weekend. We decided to try to make it further up Dry Creek Canyon trail. As you can see we may have bit off a little more than we could chew...we wore our poor kids out. Sweet Koby fell asleep on James' shoulders while we were hiking down! 


This last week we have had the great privilege of having James' mom stay with us. It has been fun! She has exercised with me, played with the kids, taken us to the aquarium, etc. She even taught me how to make sushi! It was delish! It will now be a weekly meal for us. Sunday was Father's Day and since his mom was here, lucky James got to have homemade sushi...



Koby was pretty excited about Father's Day this year. James is his idol...


He says he wants to be a "business man builder" when he grows up, which is apparently what he thinks James does. He is also pretty excited because last week he claimed to have started growing hair on his legs haha. He said, "MOM! I'm starting to grow little hairs. I must be turning into a daddy!" He made James a pretty cute card that I want to remember. So here it is...




As you can tell, these two have really been enjoying crafts lately :)

James has been working a lot lately. He is doing well at his job. Therefore he gets more responsibly and longer hours. So the other day I decided I was going to go ahead and teach Koby how to ride his bike without training wheels. Koby picked it up in 2 minutes. I'm so proud :)


I obviously couldn't get a good picture while I was running, but I had to document the memory. 

And last, but not least, here is this little cutie...



And a video.

2 comments:

Heidi M. said...

What a sweet video! We love you guys!

lisamarie21188 said...

This made my heart explode. I REALLY need to start reading your blog more regularly. I miss my boys...