Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why I Could Never Be Jack Bauer

Megan and I are huge fans of 24.  We have watched every season.  I can't count how many nights we stayed up way too late because we had to watch "just one more."  Anyone who has seen the show knows that Jack Bauer is an absolute stud.  I think it was because of Jack that I applied to the CIA and FBI, who I don't work for... or do I?


Anyway, throughout the series, there are numerous times where Jack is captured and tortured for some information or something.  Like the stud he is, he never gives in.  In fact, I believe it was the second season, he actually dies from being tortured.  He was resuscitated of course and then went and killed the people who tortured him.

Well, I always thought that I could handle a decent amount of pain too.  Maybe not to the point where it kills me, but I thought I had a decent tolerance for pain.  Yestderday my physical therapist proved me wrong.

Before this surgery, I had never had serious physical therapy.  So, this is what I imagined it was going to be like:


Boy was I wrong.  I think this picture is more accurate:


Yesterday when the my physical therapist was working my arm, I had to bite down on my finger several times.  I seriously thought I was going to start crying.  On the bright side, I am gaining some of my motion back, but it still sucks.  Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

1 comment:

rjd said...

James Bauer? Has a ring to it.