Monday, March 7, 2011

Bedtime Moments

Koby is growing so fast and there are a few moments that I need to document.

Moment 1:
One night, before bed, Koby wanted his daddy to sing to him. James sang, "I love to see the temple" to him. Every night since we have to, "sing the temple song daddy/mommy!"
The other week at church Koby belted out every word...
"I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty."

It makes me smile when I hear a little 2 year old sing about preparing himself when he is young :)
He says, "I’ll prepare myself while I am young; This is my secret duty."

It's hard to shush your little guy in church when he is being so sweet.

Moment 2:
He opens the scriptures the other night, points to the words and says, "It says Jesus loves Koby!"

Moment 3:
The other night when we were reading Goodnight Moon something clicked for Koby. He looks at the full moon and then the crescent moon. He points to the picture of the crescent moon and says, "A bite out of the moon!"

Moment 4:
(A few weeks ago)  I was all dressed and ready to go somewhere and I went into Koby's room after his nap. He looked at me and says, "Mommy looks sooooo pretty!" It made me feel pretty :)

Moment 5:
When he is laying in bed at night, if you kiss his little head and walk away he sits straight up and says, "I want a kiss on the face Mommy/Daddy!"

* Don't worry, we are not "holier than thou" ...I just don't document the "Oh my Gosh!" or the angry little "No kissin' Koby, Mommy!!"  that he says.

4 comments:

Bre And Drew said...

Aw he's so sweet! I love that he opened the scriptures and said it means jesus loves him. So cute. :)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I love it! :) I became a follower! Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Tawna said...

Love this Megan. And the post above about the young men singing to you. I think I'd have been crying louder than they were singing...;) You guys are great! Love ya'.

Rachel DeFreese said...

aw! that's so nice of them!