Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bathroom Fixups

I have been wanting so badly to frame our plain bathroom mirrors. I saw the idea forever ago on this lady's home improvement blog, The House of Smith's.

My awesome cousin, Laura, lives here in Eagle Mountain and she can do great things with wood/molding. Laura was so kind to take on the framing project with me. It was fun and easy. It took no time at all too. I love my frames. My bathroom is getting a makeover so I won't post that picture yet, but here is the boys' bathroom with the frame...
Before Mirror
Mirror with the frame
Only cost like 20 bucks. I think it makes a big difference:)
Our house was vacant for a looong time before we moved in. Because of that fact, our toilets have always had these nasty rings inside. I tried getting rid of them, nothing worked. Laura told me she had Jas take sandpaper to their toilets. Look at what a little sandpaper can do for the toilet! I don't know why I didn't think of it before...

NASTY rings

After the Sandpaper...Oh ya!
I can't wait to take on another wood project ...Thank you Laura!

3 comments:

DeFreese said...

loooove your mirror!! i want to do that too! and sandpaper?? genius! I wonder if that would work on stains in the tub...

Aaron and Devon said...

Love love love it. I have wanted to do that for a long time, maybe next house

Amy Smith said...

That looks so good! Nice job