Monday, April 4, 2011

Inhumane? I think not...

Three. That is the number of mice I have encountered in the last two years of living here. Sick. This one however is MY first official kill however. Number 1 was scared when Uncle Norman came to my rescue and was eventually killed by a mouse trap later that day. Number 2 was drowned and froze in a Tupperware by James when we were about to place Koby in the bathtub(sick)! Number 3 was killed by an emotional eight month pregnant woman who has been without a husband for 3 days.

It just about put me in labor, but this morning I successfully killed a mouse. I grabbed the Orange juice, walked into the kitchen, reached for the fridge handle, and froze. Out of the corner of my eye something caught my attention. When you are OCD (like me) about everything being in its proper place it isn't hard to spot something furry with a tail that is definitely out of place. Under the cupboard, almost underneath the oven, was a furry ball with a tail. Luckily for me it wasn't moving(like mouse #1 was when I met him last year). I froze for a good 60 seconds wondering if I should grab a bowl or a broom or run to Norman's house again for some manly aid. I figured I better do something now while it was just sitting there. I reached in the cupboard, grabbed a Tupperware, and pounced. I caught half of the mouse. It squeaked - sick. Then with another swift move, I got it under the Tupperware.

Now I was trapped in the middle of the kitchen with a mouse. I managed to remove the child lock on the cupboard under the sink. Koby comes riding in on his skateboard, sees the cupboard open and gets excited. He grabs some shower cleaner and I manage to convince him to hand it to me. I squirted a puddle on the floor and slid the mouse over it, hoping to poison it a little. Then I asked Koby to hand me the garbage bags. I realized I had no way of getting the mouse into the bag without involving me seeing it again. That wasn't a good option. I ripped up the cardboard garbage bag box and slid it under the mouse. Lucky for me again there was Duct Tape under the sink. After using almost the entire roll I decided the mouse could not get out. A little poison and suffocation did the trick. I hope if the little guy had any friends around they were watching and left town because I don't think this pregnant woman can handle another one of these adventures.

I was left a bit shaky and frozen in Koby's toy room for the next 30 minutes, but a call from my mom finally loosened me up.

I hope this experience at least dilated me a little:)

7 comments:

The Way I See It said...

Oh my gosh! I totally squealed outloud and shrunk in my chair. You are SO brave! I remember getting my neighbor (he was in his 80s) to "save" me from bees that came into my house, but one time when he wasn't available, I had to do something to save my children. It about killed me, but nothing was gonna get my babies. Good for you! Whew!!!

rjd said...

Way to go girl! I love it. I knew you had a little "Killer" in you. 1st time is the toughest....gets easier the more you do it.

Malerie said...

Ew gross... I'm seriously impressed. Way to take things into your own hands!

Megan said...

HAhaha, this gave me a great laugh. I love the picture!! TOO Funny!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you did it! It was hilarious to see the end result, but hey, you did it! I applaude you!

Anonymous said...

That is one thing I've never had to do- hallulah! When are you due? We haven't seen you guys forever. Good luck- believe me when your ready for the babes every little thing helps. Good Luck!

DeFreese said...

yikes!! you are so brave!