Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching a break

After a tough year filled with 100's of applications we caught a break. In the last week James has been offered 3 good jobs. The job we accepted is a Japanese Business Operations Rep for O.C. tanner in Salt Lake City. It's a great job with a great company and James gets to use his Major and Minor! The only downside is we will be residing in Utah for a little while longer:)

So you all know James is pursuing his Masters in Education. Well, can you believe that he wants to shape these young minds and he doesn't even know how to write in Cursive?! He lived in Japan for part of his life and of course they do not teach cursive there. Sunday we sat down and I started to teach him the rarely-used skill. I just have to post a picture because his handwriting is so cute....





















Also, I've been told I need to document all the words Koby says, so here it goes:

Jesus
Ball
Elmo
Kick
Bubble
Hat
Cookie
Bath
Bye-Bye
A,B,
Three
Up
Down
Tick,Tock
Beep, Beep
Oo-e-ah
Bock,Bock
Raar
Moo
Arf, Arf
No
Hot
Book
Mommy
Daddy
Fish
Chicken - Titten
Kitty cat - Titt tat
Please - Peeeee
Meow - weoow
Vroom, Vroom - Voo, Voo
Binky - Bee
Snack -Nack
Temple - Bembo
Grandpa - Bampa
Grandma - Ama
Emily - Emi
Milk - Mil
Teeth/Treat - Tee
Outside - Out


*He's working on and close to Thank you, Ty, and All Done.

For all you Utah moms... Thursdays from 10-11 in Lindon, Jump On It has "Mommy and Me Time". Only $3 for you and your kid. Thanks to my friend Crystal we've made this a weekly event. I need to bring my camera, but I stole these from Crystal's blog... It's even fun for "Mommy" (As seen below...) Oh and if you go, wear socks, and bring an extra pair.





5 comments:

DeFreese said...

look at your boys learnin!!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy that James found a job he is happy with and that will be good for your family! Don't act like you don't love living in Utah. You can come to Ca and pay $1400 hundred a month in rent like we do and have one bedroom.. :) Good Luck with the new job! Oh and I wish I still lived in Lindon so I could go with you guys to mommy me time sounds FUN!

Rachel DeFreese said...

I wish I was "stuck" in Utah still :). You are lucky, I love that place! Congrats on the job, and teaching cursive!

Oh, and please teach Koby "Rachel". I am sad that none of my nephews ever know me.... boo!

Aaron and Devon said...

Hey if if makes James feel any better- Aaron has never learned to type correctly and the writes for a living. Thanks for the tip on Jump on It. We will have to try it out sometime. Congrats on the job!

Malerie said...

Haha. I bet you're a GREAT teacher!